- Audio Description: One transmitter with power cord;15 wireless receivers with accompanying headsets; One antenna; One microphone with cord to attach to transmitter; and One carrying case.
- Open Captioning: One laptop; One laptop plug; One laptop carrying case; One LCD Open Caption Screen; One Open Caption Screen plug; One plug from the laptop to the screen (it looks like an internet or telephone plug); and One LCD Open Caption Screen Stand.
Participation Criteria and Policies
- Members must have one employee on staff that has participated in training with Independence Starts Here! To learn more, contact Mimi Smith, the Executive Director of VSA Pennsylvania. Email her now!
- Equipment Reservation Loan Requests must be submitted two weeks prior to the requested event.
- Equipment is made available two days before the event, and must be returned within two days following the event.
- Arrangements must be made to pick up and return the equipment to Fulton Theatre, 12 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA.
- Equipment should be cleaned, and packaged in the same manner that it was initially presented to the Borrower.
- The Borrower assumes all responsibility for damages beyond reasonable wear and tear to the equipment. Reasonable wear and tear is defined as unavoidable deterioration over time due to normal use. The Borrower will be assessed the fees necessary to transport and repair (or replace if necessary) the equipment if damages result from the loan.
- The Borrower will acknowledge in marketing and program materials related to any events for which the equipment is utilized with the following: “Independence Starts Here! is the statewide cultural accessibility program of VSA Pennsylvania, jointly led in various regions throughout Pennsylvania by cultural collaborators of that region. In the Lancaster and York area, Independence Starts Here! is jointly led by the Fulton Theatre.”
Submit an Equipment Loan Request
Art organizations located in the Lancaster and York region may complete an Equipment Loan Reservation Request.
Questions regarding the program can be directed to the Director of Community Engagement.