Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of a comprehensive overall strategic marketing plan and advertising calendar
• Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection,
analysis, and interpretation of market data and Fulton Patrons, using results to guide strategic planning
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing annual expense and ticket revenue budget; maintain accounting
• Manage established due dates and progress timelines including the design, production, and placement of
print, direct mail, point of purchase, electronic, and outdoor advertising for all departments as well as cross-
promotional opportunities with area businesses
• Meet with advertising representatives/agencies, secure and evaluate bids for media buys
• Write advertising copy, press releases and other internal and external communications from the
• Act as graphic designer or graphic editor on small projects
• Direct supervision of Marketing Assistant, Front of House, and outside advertising agency
• Maintain a dynamic website with the organization’s current and accurate information
• Maintain catalog of promotional artwork and business logos and oversee the branding of the organization
• Daily and weekly tracking of the effectiveness of varied advertising campaigns, measuring response rates;
monitor progression of sales toward goal through use of Tessitura and communicate to the Executive
• Coordinate the production of:
o Playbills in conjunction with the Executive Artistic Producer and Sales and Development teams
o On-premise signage and general décor (posters, flyers, etc.)
o Solicitation brochures, invitations & other materials in conjunction with the Development team
o Flyers, registration materials, study guides and advertisements in conjunction with the Director of
• Create promotional video(s) for each program to be posted on the web and social media
• Coordinate the gathering, editing and posting of artist blogs and audience reviews
• Coordinate organization’s PR and Social Media identity and marketing
• Maintain the organization’s press database
• Attend committee meetings and events as requested
• Work with the Director of Community Engagement to establish strategic and innovative plans to engage
the community with the Fulton and Fulton productions
• Perform other duties as assigned and abide by any company rules and personnel policies
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and public relations
• Experience tracking and maintaining budgets
• Excellent writing skills
• Effective communication with all levels of staff and media personnel
• Microsoft Office Programs and Adobe Creative Suite
Desired Experience and Knowledge
• Experience staging photo and video shoots
• Knowledge of union contract requirements when engaging artists
• Performing arts industry experience
• Experience with Tessitura
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com by January 31, 2018.
7½ week Equity contract - LORT C - $1016/week
Prep Week Begins 2.6.18
First Rehearsal 2.13.18
Opening Night 3.8.18
Closing Performance 3.31.18
Applicants for this position should email their resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2017.
One or more years of Customer Service experience
EXCELLENT communication skills and a positive attitude
Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multiple demand environment
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Familiarity with popular software programs such as Microsoft Office
• Create positive relationships with customers; discover their needs and wants as they relate to our events, subscriptions, and related products and services.
• Educate the customer about our events, subscriptions and services in order to provide the best possible entertainment solution.
• Addresses customers enthusiastically, politely and professionally; answers all inquiries thoroughly and accurately.
• Follows established “11 Steps to Complete a Reservation”; cross sells Fulton Theatre subscriptions, shows and products; uses approved scripted responses when answering questions and providing information; has thorough knowledge of the Fulton Theatre’s location, facilities, events and policies; understands and adheres to the Fulton Theatre’s policies and procedures.
• Maintain positive, enthusiastic and professional communication with customer throughout all contact, including inbound and outbound calls, and face-to-face interactions at the Box Office Window.
• Cross promote other Fulton Theatre products, including events and subscriptions.
• Serve as box office reservationist and perform all duties relating to the ticket purchasing process.
• Receive and process orders for theatre tickets. Use the Tessitura ticketing system to create Individual show ticket reservations.
• Know and comply with all Sales Office policies and standards.
• In assigned position and ready to perform duties five minutes prior to scheduled time; completes assignments on time and according to instruction; regularly updates supervisor and coworkers of problems and work progress.
• Print tickets, process ticket orders, copy, sort, file and mail order confirmations. Process ticket exchanges, and other ticket requests.
• Additional Sales Office responsibilities: professionally conduct cash, check and credit card transactions utilizing only the assigned cash drawer. Accurately balance cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Make outbound calls to patrons from lists provided by the Marketing, Development and Education teams. This will consist of maintaining and following up personal call back lists, and maintaining patron’s annotations on each list based off the Annotations sheet provided, and entering responses correctly in the Tessitura Ticketing System via a CSI.
• Other duties as assigned.
• EXCELLENT customer service skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, multiple demand work environment
• Familiarity with popular software programs such as Microsoft Office
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
High school Diploma and one to three months related experience and/or training.
Schedule will include day, evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Email resume and cover letter to Lisa Hall at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests.
The Fulton Theatre provides shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones.
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?