Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
Summary of Position
The Master Electrician shall function as the head for the area of Electrics and will assist lighting designers in the safe, efficient and accurate implementation of lighting for the season. The primary function of the Master Electrician is the operation and maintenance of the lighting system and special effects during rehearsal and performance situations, as well as supervising the crew in the strike, installation, focus, and cueing of lighting and special effects. The Master Electrician will also direct the lighting department staff and crew in the safe, efficient and accurate implementation of lighting for the season, while maintaining a professional and supportive relationship with staff and employees.
The Master Electrician position reports to the Head of Production and is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for hanging, circuiting, focusing, striking, and maintenance of all lighting designs
- Manage, maintain and operate performance related electrics systems and equipment to ensure the timely and accurate realization of all lighting elements
- Supervise all electrics crew in build, load-in, run and strike
- Communicate with lighting designers in order to facilitate designs
- Attend production and electrics department related meetings
- Estimate feasibility and costs of lighting designs
- Work with all departments to set work schedule on stage and in shops
- Hire and train all electrics crew
- Attend all technical and lighting rehearsals
- Maintain clean and safe workspace
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in theatre electrics
- Effective communication with all levels of staff
- Extensive knowledge of electrical equipment
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- Experience programming ETC EOS family consoles
- Experience building a variety of practicals and incorporating lighting elements into scenery including rope light, belt light, and LED tape
- Basic carpentry and rigging experience
- Experience tracking and maintaining budgets
- Basic knowledge of computer networking
To Apply: Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.
The Fulton Theatre is seeking stagehands for our 2017-2018 Season. Positions include spot light operators, properties crew, deck crew, rail crew, and wardrobe. Experience is preferred, but we will train the right candidate. We are looking for self-motivated team players with a great great attitude and a desire to take ownership of their role in the success of the show. Candidates must be available evenings, weekends, and some afternoons. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the work, multiple conflicts will not be accepted.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed the first week of September.
Starting Wage – $9.00/hr.
Other Ways You Can Join Us
The Professional Training Program Apprenticeship at the Fulton Theatre provides an opportunity for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones.
Interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests.
The Fulton Theatre provides shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones.
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?