Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all finance and accounting of the organization including: day-to-day financial reporting; contributed and earned revenue; accounts payable and accounts receivable; payroll; cash flow management; federal, state and local tax payment and reporting; vendor management; bank accounts, investment and endowment accounts; fixed assets and debt financing; and financial reports
- Manage the creation, implementation and ongoing management of the annual budget and capital campaign budget
- Prepare financial documents and reporting for various internal and external stakeholders, including preparation and review of financial information for grant reporting and grant proposals
- Provide coordination, planning and documentation support for the independent auditors related to the year-end financial statement audit. Oversee the annual 990 tax return and all other necessary tax and governmental filings
- Lead cash management efforts by monitoring and forecasting cash flow and providing recommendations needed to ensure payment obligations
- Ensure effective and compliant business operations, evaluate and mitigate risk on an ongoing basis
- Establish strong external relationships and negotiate with creditors, service providers and other financial entities
- Develop and document internal control policies and procedures, ensure implementation and monitor compliance
- Manage, mentor and support a diverse team
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 4-7 years of accounting experience
- Experience working with a Board and Finance Committee
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly motivated, energetic and innovative team
- Demonstrated expertise in financial controls, planning and strategy and administration
- Strong computer skills with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
Desired Experience and Knowledge
- CPA highly desirable
- Non-profit accounting
- Experience with Sage Software
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic, agile organization
- Knowledge and/or interest in the performing arts or fine art
The Fulton Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance” in the subject line. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for 3 professional references. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?