Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
The Accountant is responsible for completing daily transactional accounting functions using Sage software. The position requires problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail. The Accountant reports directly to the CFO. This position is ideal for someone that enjoys working with all levels of accounting within an artistic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pay data entry in ADP, processing pay data, reconcile payroll register to internal records, and submission of weekly payroll
• Maintains a working relationship with ADP to understand and trouble shoot any processing or recordkeeping issues
• Daily organizing, processing, coding, and data entry of accounts payable into Sage accounting software
• Work with vendors to process payments and resolve any issues
• Coding monthly credit card statements
• Print checks on a weekly basis for payment
• Post Box Office sales throughout the week
• Post donations and other contributions received
• Performs monthly account reconciliations
• Assists the CFO in preparing monthly financial statements and reports
• Maintains various work papers for the external auditors and management
• Assists with annual audit
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• A minimum of a two year degree in Accounting
• Experience with Sage Software
• Strong computer skills with Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to work independently to solve problems and analyze accounting transactions
• Strong communication skills both verbally and written
• Customer service oriented with good time management
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic, agile organization
• Experience with ADP payroll software
• Knowledge and/or interest in the arts (theatre, music or fine art)
• A team player that will enjoy and contribute to a great workplace culture
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com by February 11, 2019. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for 3 professional references, one reference is required by a direct supervisor. The minimum education requirement must be met in order to be considered for this position.
About the Fulton Theatre:
The mission of the Fulton Theatre is to create and produce exceptional theatre that moves the collective soul of our community and honors our national historic landmark.
The Fulton first opened its doors in 1852. 166 years later, this national historic landmark theatre continues to entertain, educate and delight audiences, bringing live theatre, music, and more than 120,000 patrons into downtown Lancaster annually. Today, the Fulton Theatre produces a mix of comedies, dramas and musicals, employing the talents of professional directors, designers, playwrights from across the country. The Fulton also offers classes for children, teens and adults as well as numerous community engagement programs across the region.
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?