Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
• Development and implementation of strategies for building relationships with prospective donors and stewarding existing donors; working collaboratively with the Fulton’s Development Team, Management Team and Board to implement these strategies.
• Development and implementation of strategies to secure multi-year financial commitments that connect donors to the area(s) of the organization they are interested in and passionate about; working collaboratively with the Development Team, Management Team and Board to implement these strategies.
• Creation and maintenance of a portfolio of current and prospective individual and corporate donors giving less than $1,000 that tracks, monitors and manages all related cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and recognition efforts.
• Identification of Annual Campaign donors (individual & corporate) who have capacity for support of Breakout Performance Campaign. Effective communication and introduction of these donors to Development Team and Breakout Performance Campaign leadership.
• Research and identification of Foundation funding opportunities applicable to Fulton programming. Grant writing and assembly of related Foundation application and reporting materials.
• Drafting of donor communications (individual & corporate) including solicitation letters, thank you letters, stewardship pieces, etc. for both new and existing donors within the framework of existing development materials.
• Assistance with other development/fundraising projects and programs as requested.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Three or more years of related experience in fundraising, donor relations, grant management, and events management.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• A work style that is self-directed, as well as team oriented.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, upbeat, and ever-changing environment.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours when necessary, including evenings and weekends.
Desired Experience and Knowledge
• Working knowledge of Tessitura or other development software.
• Experience working in a performance arts organization or knowledge of the performing arts.
• Familiarity with researching Foundation funding opportunities for an arts organization.
• Ability to engage and organize volunteers.
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2018. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for 3 professional references and writing samples.
About the Fulton Theatre:
The mission of the Fulton Theatre is to create and produce exceptional theatre that moves the collective soul of our community and honors our national historic landmark.
The Fulton first opened its doors in 1852. 165 years later, this national historic landmark theatre continues to entertain, educate and delight audiences, bringing live theatre, music, and more than 120,000 patrons into downtown Lancaster annually. Today, the Fulton Theatre produces a mix of comedies, dramas and musicals, employing the talents of professional directors, designers, playwrights from across the country. The Fulton also offers classes for children, teens and adults as well as numerous community engagement programs across the region.
The Fulton Theatre is seeking stagehands for Disney’s: The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Positions include spot light operators, properties crew, deck crew, rail crew, and wardrobe. Experience is encouraged but we are willing to train the right candidate. We are looking for self-motivated team players with a great attitude and desire to take ownership of their participation in success of the show. Candidates will need availability on evenings, weekends, and some afternoons. The contract begins May 29th and runs through July 22nd. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the work, multiple conflicts will not be accepted. Future positions for the 2018-2019 season also available.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Interns fully participate as Fulton Theatre personnel, attending appropriate staff and production meetings and monthly seminars, and participating in special events. Seminars are held throughout the program based on apprentices and interns interests.
The Fulton Theatre provides shadow opportunities for emerging professionals to apply skills acquired in the high school and university setting to a professional institution, to build upon those skills and to learn new ones.
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?