Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
The Fulton Theatre’s Public Relations and Sales Manager is a high-performing Sales Manager, specializing in educational sales for our school day performances and in program ad sales. This position is responsible for maximizing sales potential, creating sales plans and presenting them to the Director of Marketing. The PR and Sales Manager is also responsible for coordinating all public relations activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully planning and executing sales strategies for
education and program ad sales
• Identify, build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by collaborating with schools of
all grade levels and Lancaster businesses
• Working in Tessitura booking school groups, building tours, and workshops, and pulling data for
• Following policies set for School Day Matinee Groups including deposit due dates, signed contracts, final
counts, and final payments due dates
• Present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
• Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online
media and seek out social media influencers
• Work with the Marketing Manager to increase social media content and engagement
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Create content for press releases
• Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
• Public speaking and Fulton representative, such as curtain speeches, and other special events for the
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends
Qualifications and Skills
• BS/MS degree in marketing, public relations, or a related field
• Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager
• Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Strong business sense and industry expertise
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail
• Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
• Possess the ability to keep information confidential
• Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com by April 30, 2020, with PR and Sales Manager in the subject line. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for 3 professional references.
About the Fulton
The mission of the Fulton Theatre is to create and produce exceptional theatre that moves the collective soul of our community and honors our national historic landmark.
The Fulton first opened its doors in 1852. 167 years later, this national historic landmark theatre continues to entertain, educate and delight audiences, bringing live theatre, music, and more than 120,000 patrons into downtown Lancaster annually. Today, the Fulton Theatre produces a mix of comedies, dramas and musicals, employing the talents of professional directors, designers, playwrights from across the country. The Fulton also offers classes for children, teens and adults as well as numerous community engagement programs across the region.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the accounting processes using Sage software. The position requires efficient time management, problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail. The Accounting Supervisor reports directly to the CFO. This position is ideal for someone that enjoys working with all levels of accounting within an arts organization.
Record daily sales transactions
Manage and maintain the payroll process, including maintaining a good working relationship with outsourced vendors
Perform monthly account reconciliations, including cash reconciliations
Provide monthly budget reporting for various department managers
Assist the CFO in preparing monthly financial statements and reports
Maintain various work papers for the external auditors and management
Assist with annual audit
Manage part-time bookkeeper and support data entry
Work closely with CFO to document accounting processes
Work closely with all departments to streamline accounting systems
Support system integration with multiple business departments
Required Qualifications and Skills:
A four year degree in accounting with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of working experience
Experience with Sage Software
Strong computer skills with Outlook, Word, and Excel
Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Proven supervisory experience
Customer service oriented with efficient time management
Desired Experience and Knowledge
Ability to adapt in a dynamic, agile organization
Experience with ADP payroll software
Knowledge and/or interest in the arts (theatre, music or fine art)
A team player that will enjoy and contribute to a great workplace culture
Applicants for this position should email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants selected for an interview will be asked for three professional references, one reference is required by a direct supervisor.
The minimum education requirement and work experience must be met in order to be considered for this position.
Immediate opening for a new staff position to significantly support and impact the Development team of the Fulton Theatre – a 167 year old professional, theatre with a multi-million dollar budget, of which Development is responsible for raising over $1.5 million through corporate sponsorship, program advertising, foundation support and individual giving.
The Development Associate will serve as the main administrative support for the Development Department. This position will work closely with all members of management, but will be supervised by the Annual Fund & Foundation Manager. We are looking for an individual who is excited to help shape a new, significant and impactful position within the organization and also cultivate relationships. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Development team within an organization in the midst of significant growth and transformation.
Assist in tracking all sponsor/donor pledges, gifts (including in-kind) and maintain correspondences with
Generate donor specific reports from donor database
Ensure the adequacy and accuracy of current database for development needs
Assist in foundation research and grant reporting
Assist with sponsor/advertising proposal assembly
Assist Donors with “hotline” phone calls
Assist with general administration phone calls, as needed
Track and maintain RSVP’s for donor events, special events and Fulton trips
Responsible for season-long timeline and oversight of donor events
Update and maintain contact information in donor/sponsor accounts
Coordinate Development team schedules
Serve as point person for vendors involved with Development events
Support all fundraising activities for the Fulton Theatre
BA degree or experience in non-profit field preferred, but enthusiasm for the work and the Fulton with an
ability to learn on the job will also be seriously considered
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word)
An assertive, self-motivated, and proactive person who works well with staff and volunteers but is also
comfortable in a self-driven trajectory
Enthusiastic, outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written
communication abilities, and a strong desire to learn about our dedicated donors and sponsors.
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks with thoughtful attention to detail.
Superior administrative and organizational skills to help maintain accurate records but also manage donor
events and fundraising activities.
Able to set, manage and work well toward a deadline.
Event planning experience
Familiarity with Tessitura Software
Tactful, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information
Natural curiosity, intuitive learning, and quick memorization skills
Hours & Wages
This is a part-time position designed for 30 hours/week. Schedule to be determined by successful applicant
and Annual Fund & Foundation Manager
This is an hourly position, compensation will be commensurate with experience
This position has flexible hours, night and weekend availability is required
How to apply
The Fulton Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Interested applicants should apply via email to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications should include a cover letter, resume and two references. Mailed submissions should be sent to: Sara Habecker, HR Administrator, Fulton Theatre PO Box 1865 Lancaster, PA 17608-1865. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?