Looking for a fast-paced, fun-filled career?
Come Work at the Theatre!
Summary of Position
The Audio Engineer shall function as the head for the area of audio and video and will assist Sound Designers and Projections Designers in the safe, efficient and accurate implementation of the respective designs for the season. The primary function of the Audio Engineer is the operation and maintenance of the sound system, projection system, and video system during rehearsal and performance situations, as well as supervising the crew in the installation and strike of all speakers, microphones, projectors, cameras, video monitors and all other audio / video needs of all productions. The Audio Engineer will also direct the audio department staff and crew in the safe, efficient and accurate implementation of audio and video for the season, while maintaining a professional and supportive relationship with staff and employees.
The Audio Engineer will have opportunities for sound design and projections design.
The Audio Engineer position reports to the Head of Production and is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for hanging, patching, striking, and maintenance of all elements of all sound designs and projections designs
• Manage, maintain and operate performance related audio and video systems and equipment
• Supervise all audio crew in build, load-in, run and strike
• Communicate with Sound Designers and Projections Designers in order to facilitate designs
• Coordinate with Musician Contractor and Music Director to determine orchestra pit needs
• Collaborate with Stage Management to determine video monitoring needs on and off stage
• Attend production and sound department related meetings
• Estimate feasibility and costs of sound designs and projections designs
• Coordinate with all departments to set work schedule on stage and in shops
• Hire and train all sound and projections crew
• Attend all technical rehearsals
• Maintain clean and safe workspace
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in theatre sound
• Extensive experience with digital audio mixers and mixing sound for large scale musicals
• Advanced knowledge of the audio sections and basic knowledge of the video sections of QLAB versions 3 and 4
• Extensive experience with wireless microphone technology and working with actor-worn lavalier microphones
• Understanding of Logic Pro X (or comparable DAW) and audio recording and editing
• Basic knowledge of media playback system architecture, including projectors, screens, video standards, signal flow and distribution
• Experience distributing several video monitoring feeds to many locations
• Extensive experience with Clear-Com equipment, both wireless and wired (or comparable intercom systems)
• Effective communication skills with all levels of staff
Other Ways You Can Join Us
Are you an actor looking to be part of our productions?