Fulton Ambassador candidates must be 16 years or older, and be energetic, hardworking, team-oriented, and self-motivated. Fulton Theatre seeks qualified persons with the expertise and skills to help realize Fulton Theatre projects and goals. An ambassador may be a retired professional, an emerging professional, or a stay-at-home parent. If under the age of 18, parents must sign the Ambassador application. Due to our production schedule, we may not be able to accommodate requests. Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Ambassador Focus Areas
The Fulton seeks skilled volunteers in these primary areas. However, if you have a skill and a desire to volunteer, let us know what it is. We may be able to find a way to use you. Thank you.
- Administration and Development: A dedicated ambassador for 2-3 hours a week to support the development department with general office tasks, such as mailings, filing, and basic data entry.
- Education and Community Engagement: A mission-driven ambassador who could accomplish at least one of the following tasks: greet students and families on first and last day of classes; proof copy for study guides and lesson plans; distribute promotional brochures throughout the region; host First Friday or Asides events; connect the Director to key stakeholders in the community such as PTO Presidents, teachers, principals, etc; support the Sensory Friendly Program.
- Guest Customer Service: Facilitate Fulton patrons locating seats. Greet patrons at the front door. Scan tickets at door. Help at special events. Work snack stands. Distribute accessibility service equipment, as needed. Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Accessibility: An ambassador with a passion or mission for inclusion and accessibility who could accomplish at least one of the following tasks: support the Fulton and the surrounding region sharing the open caption and audio description equipment; provide accessibility services to Fulton Theatre patrons who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, blind and visually-impaired, and Spanish speaking audiences; prepare accessibility scripts in Open Captioning Program; recruit other theatres to participate in the Independence Starts Here! Program; organize and promote accessibility programming throughout the region. Ability to communicate in Spanish or ASL helpful. Knowledge of CaptionView helpful.
PTP Volunteer Application
Please do not contact the Fulton Theatre regarding the status of your application.
Fill out an application to become a Fulton Ambassador
All are welcome to join.
Ambassadors are asked to volunteer, for six shows during the season. Each member who works a show will receive two tickets to preview that show. You may be asked to work extra shifts if a show is extended.
A Fulton Angel is an Ambassador who is assigned to an actor during the course of the production. The assigned Angel will be responsible for: picking up the actor at the train station, provide transportation to and from the grocery store once a week, and getting actors back to train station at the end of the run. You could adopt them as a friend, inviting them to your home for dinner.
Why be a Fulton Ambassador?
- Meet new people
- Feel appreciated
- Meet and help actors feel at home
- Invitations to preview the shows
- Help preserve this beautiful national landmark by supporting the arts community in Lancaster for future generations.