Volunteer candidates must be 16 years or older, and are energetic, hardworking, team-oriented, and self-motivated. Fulton Theatre seeks qualified persons with the expertise and skills to help realize Fulton Theatre projects and goals. A volunteer may be a retired professional, an emerging professional, or a stay-at-home parent. If under the age of 18, parents must sign the volunteer application. Due to our production schedule, we may not be able to accommodate requests. Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Volunteer Focus Areas
The Fulton seeks skilled volunteers in these primary areas. However, if you have a skill and a desire to volunteer, let us know what it is. We may be able to find a way to use you. Thank you.
- Administration and Development: A dedicated volunteer for 2-3 hours a week to support the development department with general office tasks, such as mailings, filing, and basic data entry.
- Education and Community Engagement: A mission driven volunteer who could accomplish at least one of the following tasks. Greet students and families on first and last day of classes. Proof copy for study guides and lesson plans. Distribute promotional brochures throughout the region. Host First Friday or Asides events. Connect the Director to key stakeholders in the community such as PTO Presidents, teachers, principals, etc. Support the Sensory Friendly Program.
- Usher/House Management: Facilitate Fulton patrons locating seats. Greet patrons at the front door. Distribute accessibility service equipment, as needed. Ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
- Accessibility: A volunteer with a passion or mission for inclusion and accessibility who could accomplish at least one of the following tasks. Support the Fulton and the surrounding region sharing the open caption and audio description equipment. Provide accessibility services to Fulton Theatre patrons who are deaf and hard-of-hearing, blind and visually-impaired, and Spanish speaking audiences. Prepare accessibility scripts in Open Captioning Program. Recruit other theatres to participate in the Independence Starts Here! Program. Organize and promote accessibility programming throughout the region. Ability to communicate in Spanish or ASL helpful. Knowledge of CaptionView helpful.
PTP Volunteer Application
Do not contact the Fulton Theatre regarding the status of your application.
Fill out an application to become a volunteer
All are welcome to join.
Members are required to volunteer six shows during the season and pay $25.00 dues. Each member who works a show will receive two tickets to preview that show. You may be asked to work extra if a show is extended. The Guild works as ambassadors and angels who could also work special events held at the Fulton.
Ambassadors, meet and greet patrons with a smile before and during intermission. Help in directing them to where they need to be… box office for tickets, directions to the area of seating assignment or answer any questions guests may have. The Guild ambassador is one who makes our guests feel welcome.
A Fulton Guild Angel is a Guild Volunteer who is assigned to an actor during the course of the production. The assigned angel will be responsible for: picking up the actor at the train station, provide transportation to and from the grocery store once a week. You could adopt them as a friend, inviting them to your home for dinner.
Why join the Guild?
- Meet new people
- Feel appreciated
- Meet and help actors feel at home
- Invitations to preview the shows
- Help preserve this beautiful national landmark by supporting the arts community in Lancaster for future generations.
The Guild Today is run by a Board consisting of its officers, committee chairs, liaison, and members-at-large. In addition to board positions, there are volunteers who help with online scheduling for each Fulton performance, make phone calls, and assist with events and serve on committees. And most importantly, make patrons feel welcome.
Are you ready to join and make a difference in the arts?!
Download a New Membership Form.
View our Board Members 2015/2016 Revised
Proceeds benefit the Fulton Theatre: Poinsettia-Sale
Follow the Guild on Facebook.