Blind and Visually Impaired
Audio Described Performances
Audio Description is a carefully timed narration of the onstage visual elements in the performance, including the action, costumes, and scenery. Program notes via headset are available 10 to 15 minutes before show time, and a touch tour may be available 1 hour before the show depending on the production (details will be sent via e-mail if a touch tour is available and a separate no-cost reservation will be required). The simultaneous description is broadcast live via an inconspicuous FM receiver. Patrons may choose a single earpiece, dual headset or a neck loop (for patrons using a hearing aid with a “T” switch), and the device may be used in any seat in the theatre. Patrons may pick up their receiver and headset, free-of-charge, at the Audience Services Desk, located to the left of the Main Entrance.
To reserve seating, complete an Accessibility Ticket Reservation Form, or contact the Box Office at 717-397-7425. If you need to cancel your reservation, contact email@example.com so that we may extend an offer to wait listed patrons. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind or visually impaired at all described performances.
This service is prescheduled on the second Saturday matinee and third Tuesday performance for each mainstage production. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind, with limited sight or low vision at all audio described performances.
Audio described performances are held on the second Saturday and third Tuesday of each Premier Series production on the following dates:
- A Christmas Story: Saturday, November 25, 2017, 2:00pm and Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 7:30pm
- The Mousetrap: Saturday, January 27, 2018, 2:00pm and Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 7:30pm
- Guys and Dolls: Saturday, March 17, 2018, 2:00pm and Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 7:30pm
- Million Dollar Quartet: Saturday, April 28, 2018, 2:00pm and Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 7:30pm
- Hunchback of Notre Dame: Saturday, June 16, 2018, 2:00pm and Tuesday, June 19, 2018, 7:30pm
Service animals, such as guide dogs, are permitted to assist Fulton Theatre patrons.