Blind and Visually Impaired
Audio Described Performances
Audio Description is a carefully timed narration of the onstage visual elements in the performance, including the action, costumes, and scenery. Program notes via headset are available 10 to 15 minutes before show time, and a touch tour may be available 1 hour before the show depending on the production (details will be sent via e-mail if a touch tour is available and a separate no-cost reservation will be required). The simultaneous description is broadcast live via an inconspicuous FM receiver. Patrons may choose a single earpiece, dual headset, or a neck loop (for patrons using a hearing aid with a “T” switch), and the device may be used in any seat in the theatre. Patrons may pick up their receiver and headset, free-of-charge, at the Audience Services Desk, located to the left of the Main Entrance.
To reserve seating, complete an Accessibility Ticket Reservation Form, or contact the Box Office at 717-397-7425. If you need to cancel your reservation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may extend an offer to wait listed patrons. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind or visually impaired at all described performances.
This service is pre-scheduled on the second Saturday matinee and third Wednesday performance for each mainstage production. The Pay-What-You-Want program is available for patrons who are blind, with limited sight or low vision at all audio described performances.
Audio described performances are held on the second Saturday matinee and third Wednesday evening of each Mainstage Series production on the following dates:
- Something Rotten – Saturday, September 23, 2023 at 2PM and Wednesday, September 27, 2023 at 7:30PM
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat – Saturday, November 25, 2023 at 2PM Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 7:30PM
- It Happened in Key West – Saturday, February 3, 2024 at 2PM and Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 7:30PM
- 9 to 5 – Saturday, March 9, 2024 at 2PM and Wednesday, March 13, 2024 at 7:30PM
- South Pacific – Saturday, April 27, 2024 at 2PM and Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30PM
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – Saturday, June 22, 2024 at 2PM and Wednesday, June 26, 2024 at 7:30PM
Service animals, such as guide dogs, are permitted to assist Fulton Theatre patrons.